Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
The next-gen Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition update for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 5 and PC will add some fantastic visual features to the apocalyptic survival game.
Announced on the game’s website, consoles and PC owners of Metro Exodus will see multiple visual features added to the game in this free update. Here’s a full list of new features with bold statements coming to console.
- Full ray-traced lighting for every single light source
- Next-gen temporal reconstruction for improved image clarity
- Per-pixel global illumination
- Ray-traced emissive surfaces with area shadows
- Infinite number of ray-traced light bounces
- Atmosphere and transparent surfaces gain ray-traced bounce lighting
- Full ray-traced models with colour bleeding
- Advanced ray-traced reflections
- DX12 Ultimate Support for DXR 1.1 and Variable Rate Shading
- GPU FP16 Support with thousands of optimised shaders
- DLSS 2.0
- FOV Slider
- 4K Textures
- Bug Fixes
“Metro Exodus will run at 4K / 60FPS with full Ray Traced lighting throughout on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X,” said developer 4AGames. “The base game and DLC expansions will feature both our ground-breaking Ray Traced Global Illumination (RTGI) and the Ray Traced Emissive Lighting techniques pioneered in The Two Colonels expansion across all content.”
On Microsoft’s budget Xbox Series S console, Metro Exodus will instead run at 1080p but will still feature full ray-tracing support unlike games such as Control.