Last year, LinkedIn rolled out support for native video for all its users. Since then, LinkedIn team saw that video content being shared 20x more than other types of content.
The company launched a new feature in October last year for its video platform, which allowed users to display location-based filters to their videos as badges. Today, LinkedIn is announcing new updates to its video creator tool. LinkedIn members can now add context and visuals to their videos with the new relevant professional filters and the ability to add text on screen.
- Filters for sharing everyday work moments. With today’s launch, you can give your work buddy a “Work High Five,” swap ideas on passion projects with “Side Hustle” or share the latest with the “On the Air” filter. In the future, you’ll see more filters you can use in your professional life.
- Text styles for adding context so your community knows what’s happening, even when the sound is off. We’re launching three styles – FifthAve, Geometric and Plain – with more to come.
Here’s how you can try out this new feature.
- Make sure you’ve updated to the latest version of the LinkedIn app for Android or iOS
- Tap the video icon in the share box on the app
- Record or upload a video
- Add a filter and text by tapping the icons on the top right
- You can drag the elements where you want on the screen