Last year, LinkedIn launched the redesigned desktop experience that was built from the ground up to provide a LinkedIn experience that is more intuitive, faster and creates more value for users. Based on the feedback from its users, they are continuing to iterate and also bringing new and improved features. Today, they highlighted some of the new features they have added recently.
- Notifications: Now you can customize the types of notifications you receive based on what you find the most valuable – for example birthdays, work anniversaries, job changes and more.
- Photo Filters: A new easy way to crop and enhance your profile picture.
- Trending Storylines in your LinkedIn Feed: With daily curated interest-based feeds you can quickly discover the most important developing stories in your industry. Check it out on your mobile homescreen under the Trending tab, or on desktop, it’s at the top right of the homepage.
- Search fields: They have added back search tools to help you more easily find the information you need, including Saved Searches, Boolean and text field search (such as first name, last name, company and school).
- Profile Completion Meter: You can now discover what you need to do to strengthen your profile, and attract more opportunity.
- Manage Comments: We’ve added the ability for you to directly manage the comments you have on your long form articles, with the option to disable or enable comments
Based on the user feedback, they are also planning to bring back some of the old features.