Life360 Family Locator is a popular cross-platform family tracking app available on iOS, Android and now Windows Phone. The app even works on non-smartphones.
The app uses the concept of Cirlces, and allows you to group your friends and family in the same. It uses GPS technology to locate all of the group members and it shows you each member on a map with their own icons. Alerts can be set up so you receive a notice when someone in your circle arrives or leaves a location, like home, school or work.
Messaging within Life360 allows you to quickly let everyone know things like where to meet for dinner or that it is time for the family to meet back up at a certain spot in the mall to head home.
- Find family & friend locations on a private Map
- Know when your family is safe or needs help
- Chat one-on-one or with everyone within each of your Circles
- Get alerted when a Circle member reaches a destination
- Track a stolen or lost phone
Life360 Family Locator is a free app, and can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.
See a video demonstrating the service after the break.
Thanks auguste3k for the tip.