Microsoft today released a new Xbox Preview Alpha build (rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.170831-1900) that brings the much awaited light theme to Xbox One console users. Users can now switch between Light and Dark themes to personalise their dashboard. To try it out, navigate to the below menu.
1. Settings > Personalization > System personalization > System theme. 2. Select Light.
Apart from new theme support, this build includes notifications enhancements. Microsoft is moving game invites from Action Center to the Multiplayer tab of Guide. And they are moving Recent Achievements to the Achievements tab. Microsoft believes this change will make it easier to see at a glance if you have new invites or Achievements when opening the Guide. Xbox team has also fixed a bug which causes black screens during movie playback in this build. Read about known issues in this build below.
- Light Theme: There are some known visual contrast issues in messaging, the entertainment twist and the Mixer twist – you may see white one white. Fixes will be coming soon.
- Sign-in When using Arabic or Hebrew language and signing in with a profile using the “Lock it down” security preference, the sign-in screen which requests Microsoft account e-mail address and password is distorted. This does not affect the profile if it is set to use the “Ask for my passkey” or “No barriers” security preferences.
Workaround: Set the console to use another language, sign-in, and set the profile’s security preference to “Ask for my passkey” or “No barriers”. Alternatively, you can still type in your password as normal using the virtual keyboard though the screen is distorted.
- Netflix: When using Hebrew language, Netflix fails to launch.
- Minecraft Better Together Beta: Other games fail to launch after launching the Minecraft Beta. Workaround: This occurs if the Minecraft Beta is the first game launched after powering on the console; launch another game before Minecraft to avoid this issue. If you are stuck in this state, hard reset your console.
- Blu-Ray Player: 3D Blu-Ray content plays in 2D.
- Game Hub: Game Hub isn’t accurately tracking Gamerscore and achievement unlocks for certain games.