Xbox Insiders may have previously noticed a problem when downloading updates that entire games would then re-install upon the update’s completion. This issue along with a few others has been fixed in the latest Xbox One Preview build for Alpha, Beta, and Delta members. The full changelog can be read below.
My Games and Apps
• Fixed an issue when installing an update for some games caused the entire game to re-install on completion.
• Fixed an issue with some Game Saves in which they did complete after previously playing offline.
• Fixed an issue in which Games on external HDD that are not registered on a new console that have updates do not show in the Updates section of collection.
• Fixed some graphical artifacts, textures, occlusion and compression for certain titles at the platform level.
• Implemented updates to the 4k video pipeline for Netflix and key partners to support 4k VP9 video playback
• Fixed an issue in which notifications for messaging/parties and sometimes achievements were not popping/displaying.
• Fixed the reliability of Network Transfer between consoles on your network. This resolves cases in which the source console could not be found, or installs start then failed.
• Fixed an issue in the HDD Profile backup feature that would fail when loading the users gamerpic.
• Various localization fixes to the shell UI and the accessories app.
• Fixed an issue in which Videos within the activity feed pages would often appear with black video playback.
• Fixed issues with Crackling audio for some users in Party Chat
Aside from these fixes, the Insider team is also working on fixes to known issues including:
• The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
Avatars on Home
• Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.
• Narrator can stop reading large amounts of text.
Let us know if you have experienced any of these problems and if this latest build helped solve any of these issues.