Microsoft last night released a new update for Office 2016 on Windows. This update is available for Office Insiders on the Slow Ring and the update version is 1705 (Build 8201.2025). This update is the preview of the May feature update for Office 365 subscribers.
It includes the following features:
- Closed captions for video: Add closed captions to a video to make it accessible. (PowerPoint)
- Keep the copy: Copy your cells and , before you paste, you can still do other tasks like typing or inserting cells. (Excel)
- New data transformation: Add Column From Examples: In the Query Editor, create a new column by providing sample values. As you type, Excel detects the required transformations and shows a preview of the new column. (Excel)
- Enhanced data import functionality: Easily import and shape data from various sources. Manage workbook queries and connection with the Queries & Connection side pane, and share queries with others via ODC files. (Excel)
- Quickly access the groups you use the most: Groups you’re most likely to interact with now appear at the top of the list. (Outlook)
- Improved attachment options: When attaching files to an email, you can more easily select whether to add it as a cloud file or as a traditional attachment. (Outlook)
If you are part of the Office Insider program and enrolled into the Slow ring, you will be able to get the latest update by heading over to File > Account > Update Option where you will have to hit the Update Now button to install the latest updates.