Microsoft today released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This Build includes improvements on Extensions in Microsoft Edge, support for real-time web notifications in Microsoft Edge, swipe navigation in Microsoft Edge and more. Read about it in detail here. This build also includes several bug fixes. Desktop App Converter Preview (Project Centennial) now works on this build and even Tencent online games. You can read the bug fix list here. As expected, there are some known issues in the build.
Find the known issues in this build from the list below.
- Feedback Hub is not localized and the UI will be in English (U.S.) only, even with language packs installed.
- Feedback Hub takes about 20-30 minutes after updating to this build to download and populate itself if launched from Start. If you launch Feedback Hub from All apps – it will force the app to hydrate.
- Symantec products such as Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security are causing PCs to bluescreen (bug check).
- The QQ app from Tencent crashes. We’re working on a fix for the issue.
- If you are using a non-English keyboard, you can’t accept Bash prompts.
- We are investigating an issue where if you’re running Insider Preview builds in certain languages, the All apps list on Start appears empty. A workaround for this is to use search to launch apps.
- We have reduced the number of instances where boxes are seen when entering emoji. You may still see them in some text fields – we’re working on it!