Microsoft today released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16176 for PC and Windows 10 Mobile Build 15204 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. These builds include no new features. You can read about the few improvements included in these builds here. As usual, there are some known issues in these builds as well. You can read about them below.
Known issues in Windows 10 Build 16176 for PC:
- Apps that use the Desktop Bridge (“Centennial”) from the Store such as Slack and Evernote will cause your PC to bugcheck (GSOD) when launched with a “kmode exception not handled” in ntfs.sys error.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
- Double-clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the notification area does not open Windows Defender. Right-clicking on the icon and choosing open will open Windows Defender.
- Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. The updated drivers for the Surface 3 that fix this issue have not yet been published to Windows Update.
- Pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
- exe will crash and restart if you tap any of the apps listed in the Windows Ink Workspace’s Recent Apps section.
Known issues in Windows 10 Build 15204 for Mobile :
- For Insiders who have upgraded from a prior 150xx build to this build, the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” Settings page and the Connect UX page may fail to open.
- Some users are reporting that pages are constantly reloading or refreshing, especially while they are in the middle of scrolling them in Microsoft Edge. We’re investigating.
- There is an issue with Microsoft Edge where you might get into a bad state after opening a new Microsoft Edge windows and screen off with the JIT process suspended.
- Continuum will stop working when HP Elite X3 case is closed.
- Continuum hangs or renders incorrectly after disconnecting on devices like the Lumia 950.
- The device screen might stay black when disconnecting from a Continuum dock after screen has timed out normally.