PALO ALTO, Calif. â€“ May 28, 2009 â€“ With todayâ€™s release of Kinoma Play, the best way to find, play and share media on a mobile phone is now also the best way to find, play and share media across social networks and media services like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr and Picasa.
The new release of Kinoma Play for Windows Mobile builds on its leading, touch-optimized media experience to provide a social media experience thatâ€™s faster, more fun and more connected.
â€œThe new Kinoma Play connects your media and your social networks with power and simplicity unavailable anywhere else,â€™ said Peter Hoddie, CEO of Kinoma, â€œItâ€™s not just that weâ€™ve added hundreds of new features â€” itâ€™s how naturally they work together, and how easily they work together on the new Kinoma Play home screen.â€
- Cross-social sharing â€“ Kinoma Playâ€™s unique approach to supporting social media services and social networks breaks down the barriers between them and is key to its â€œshare everything with everybodyâ€ approach. Users can share YouTube videos on Facebook, share Facebook photos on Twitter, share tunes via SMS, and more â€” because everythingâ€™s a first-class citizen, they can do it in a way that would otherwise be clumsy or impossible.
- Your mobile media home â€“ Users can now create personal Home screens for fast access to their favorite stuff. Exclusive ZoomLinks let users jump instantly to almost anything â€” individual items, entire albums, even to specific features of any Kinoma Play app lication. They can make pages that collect friendsâ€™ Flickr photo streams, YouTube favorites and Twitter tweets, pages of â€œpresetsâ€ to live radio streams and podcasts â€” the possibilities are infinite.
- Twitter â€“ Allows users to tweet about the music, videos and podcasts they love on the worldâ€™s largest microblogging site. They can update their status, and photo-blog their day for friends, family and followers all around the world with built-in TwitPic integration. Thereâ€™s even built-in search so users can see what the worldâ€™s saying about breaking news, or about themselves.
- Facebook â€“ The worldâ€™s largest social network is also the worldâ€™s largest photo sharing site, and Kinoma Play is now the easiest, most convenient way for users to update their status and instantly share the pictures that tell the story of their life.
- App stores â€” Kinoma Playâ€™s built-in store allows users to download and update their Kinoma Play apps. With two clicks they can install the Mobihand Store app to buy Windows Mobile apps for their phone, check out screenshots and YouTube video demos before they buy, and even download free trials.
- YouTube â€” Kinoma Play is now the worldâ€™s most comprehensive mobile application for YouTube, the worldâ€™s largest social video site. Thereâ€™s an all-new user interface and tons of features â€” upload, browse, search, play, favorite, rate, comment, share and lots more.
- Last.fm â€” Itâ€™s the music service that â€œlearns what you loveâ€ and now Kinoma Play lets users share their love of music with the world. Users can automatically â€œscrobbleâ€ while they listen, see and read about favorite bands and artists, find more artists like the ones they love and connect with what their friends are listening to as well.
- News Reader â€” Kinoma Playâ€™s new built-in news reader application lets users read their favorite blogs and other news right within Kinoma Play, and play associated video, music, podcasts and pictures as well. By subscribing, theyâ€™ll automatically be notified about new posts as they become available.
- Cloud media playback and management â€” Kinoma Play users get 1GB of free space from cloud storage and sharing pioneer Box.net when they sign up within Kinoma Play â€” thatâ€™s enough space for over 250 songs. That lets users easily move media between their phone and PC, stream their own music, pictures and video without using valuable space on their phone, and share files and folders with friends.
- Flickr and Picasa â€” Theyâ€™re two of the worldâ€™s largest photo-sharing sites, and theyâ€™re built right in. With Kinoma Play, the phone is an â€œinfinite photo albumâ€ of personal photos, photos from friends and family and the most interesting photos taken by people around the world. Even upload new photos on the fly in just seconds.
Other significant upgrades is that the application is now fully A2DP/AVRCP compliant, which is great news for those with bluetooth headphones.
Pricing and availability
This new release of Kinoma Play is available immediately for Windows Mobile users. The retail price remains $29.99, and this update is free for all Kinoma Play customers, who will automatically be prompted to upgrade.