iPhone mainly used for play, not work

funnest News which should be of interest to IT managers thinking of deploying iPhones into their business is that 73% of iPhone owners use their device mainly for personal reasons, leaving only a small 27% using for the more serious pursuit of work.

This contrasts sharply with the more established smartphone players like RIM and Windows Mobile, where 59% of smartphone owners use their devices primarily for business purposes.

This statistic is of course easy to explain, with the iPhone OS being marketed as the “funnest” device, and games and other distractions being the main focus of its burgeoning app market.

Despite having an estimated 33 000 applications, the platform is only now getting productivity applications which form the mainstay of the Windows Mobile and RIM market.

Until the iPhone no longer requires having Jukebox software installed to be operated properly the device will never achieve much enterprise credibility.

Read the full article, which is based on research by Compete of 600 smartphone users, at NYTimes here.

Some links in the article may not be viewable as you are using an AdBlocker. Please add us to your whitelist to enable the website to function properly.

Related
Comments