Today, we are happy to announce our official Windows Phone app’s much-awaited update. With the latest update for our app, we are introducing a cleaner, and prettier user interface, some new features, and some customization options, too. The app is available on Windows Phone 8.1 devices, as well as Windows 10 Mobile devices. Here’s a list of everything that’s new with the latest update:
A new user interface
• The new design is based on Microsoft’s MDL2 guidelines giving the app a more modern and cleaner look.
• Access your items from the hamburger menu – which is swipe-able!
• Search from anywhere in the app with universal search.
• Say goodbye to the old blurry icons, and welcome the new MDL2 Assets
An improved reading experience
• Reading experience has been improved with the introduction of – Image and Video Viewer, Application Boxes, Gallery support and Thanks/Via boxes.
• With the Video Viewer, you can play the videos in either the default in-app player, the web browsers or your choice of YouTube client.
• Image Viewer now allows you to open an image, use gestures to view the image and most importantly, you can now save them to your phone storage.
• Tired of the hyperlinks redirecting you to the website and then to store to download an app? Application Boxes will redirect you straight to the store for you to quickly download the apps.
• Gallery Viewer now brings support for viewing images in a custom made gallery control.
• Disqus has been improved, finally fixing the ‘no comments’ issue.
New themes, settings, and much more!
• That’s right, settings are now a part of the app.
• You can now switch between three themes – Dark, Light and Phone Accent.
• Hate our notifications and live tile updates? You can switch them off in the settings.
• If you prefer silence, you can disable notification sound.
• Notifications now automatically go silent at night.
A new central hub for phones
• Recently we introduced the Phone database on the website, and now you can finally view them from the app.
• You can view their specifications, read our review on the devices and comments via Disqus.
Our new app also brings a tonne of new features. Over the course of 5 months, we have fixed nearly 231 bugs. In addition to this, we have improved the error reporting system in the app to improve the app’s experience for our readers much better in the coming months. Of course, our new app might have a few bugs — if you notice any bug, or have any feedback, please let us know here.
You are probably wondering why we didn’t release a new Universal Windows App for Windows 10 devices — that’s because we wanted to support our existing users using Windows Phone 8.1. Our previous app wasn’t very good in terms of stability, and we didn’t want to leave our Windows Phone 8.1 users out in the cold. It’s worth noting that we will soon start working on a Windows 10 app which works on your Windows 10 PC and Mobile devices — so stay tuned for that. Until then, make sure to check out our new app which is available for free.
Head over to this link to download the app: