At CES 2019, Intel announced Project Athena, a multi-year program for the PC ecosystem to raise the bar on laptop innovation. The goal of this program is to deliver advanced laptops that are purpose-built to help people focus, adapt to life’s roles and always be ready. Intel today announced that laptops verified through this “Project Athena” program will feature “Engineered for Mobile Performance” branding. PC OEMs and retailers can use this branding across promotions and in-store and online retail environments. You will also find “Engineered for Mobile Performance” stickers in laptops.
Project Athena 1.0 spec includes the following:
- Instant Action: Modern Connected Standby and Lucid Sleep features implement fast wake with a simple lid-lift, push of a button or quick fingerprint recognition.
- Performance and Responsiveness: Systems based on Intel Core i5 or i7 processors with Intel Dynamic Tuning Technology, 8GB DRAM dual channel and 265GB NVMe SSD
including Intel Optane memory H10 options.
- Intelligence: Including features such as far-field voice services and support for OpenVINO and WinML. Upcoming designs based on 10th Gen Intel Core processors bring broad
scale intelligent performance to the laptop with Intel Deep Learning Boost for approx. 2.5X AI performance.
- Battery Life: Including fast-charging capabilities over USB Type C, integration and optimization of low-power components and co-engineering support for power efficiency.
- Connectivity: A fast and persistent connection with Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) and optional Gigabit LTE. Connect to billions of USB Type C devices with Thunderbolt 3, the fastest and
most versatile port available.
- Form Factor: Touch display, precision touchpads and more in sleek, thin-and-light and 2 in 1 designs with narrow bezels for a more immersive experience.