As expected, Intel today announced the first 9th Gen Intel Core processors, new Intel Core X-series processors and the Intel Xeon W-3175X processor. Intel claims that the new 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900K is the world’s best gaming processor. These new desktop processors (i5-9600K, i7-9700K and i9-9900K) come with up to 8 cores and 16 threads, up to 5.0 GHz single-core turbo frequency, and 16 MB Intel Smart Cache. You can pre-order them today.
9th Gen Intel Core processor improvements:
- Enabling more than 220 FPS on three of the most popular global PC game titles.
- With Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 delivering up to 5.0 GHz single-core frequency, gamers can enjoy their favorite games with up to 10 percent5 more FPS across popular gaming titles compared with the previous generation, as well as up to 37 percent more FPS compared to a 3-year-old PC.
- Capture game play, transcode and stream while playing. With this type of megatasking, gamers can enjoy up to 11 percent more FPS compared with the previous generation and up to 41 percent more FPS compared with a 3-year-old PC.
- Video editing improved on Adobe Premiere – Up to 34 percent faster video editing compared with the previous generation and up to 97 percent faster compared with a 3-year-old PC.
- Overall system performance improved up to 15 percent better as compared with previous generation and up to 40 percent as compared with a 3-year-old PC.
- Overclock these new processors with the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel XTU), a precision tool for advanced overclocking, and take advantage of the additional thermal headroom with solder thermal interface material (STIM).
Intel also announced seven (i7-9800X, i9-9820X, i9-9900X, i9-9920X, i9-9940X, i9-9960X and i9-9980XE) new Intel Core X-series processors for Intel’s most scalable desktop platform with a variety of core counts and I/O capabilities.
“Our goal is to deliver leadership performance across all computing segments and product lines,” said Anand Srivatsa, vice president and general manager, Desktop, Systems and Channel, within the Client Computing Group at Intel. “Today’s announcements underscore our ability to do exactly that, including, hands-down, the world’s best processor for gaming. Whether a gamer, a creator or an expert using the most advanced workstation applications possible, Intel and our partners are focused on delivering balanced platforms with real-world leadership performance and robust capabilities that exceed their needs.”