While Windows Phone has many photo editors and photo filter apps, few attempt to set up their own social network to rival the elephant in the room, Instagram.
Photoplay is attempting to do just that, with apps for iOS, Android and now Windows Phone.
The photo sharing network claims to offer everything Instragram does, plus additional privacy settings to share with only those you intend to.
The app features:
- customizable effects, vignetting
- easy square or rectangular crop
- discover photos on map
- privacy setting for every photo
- ability to repost photos
- extended search
- blur, tilt-shift, brightness and contrast
- 8 free quality filters
- easy Facebook, Twitter and VK photo sharing
- easily find friends from phonebook and social networks
- likes, comments, etc.
The app is currently Windows Phone 8 only, but the developer is working on a WP7 version to be released soon.
While we can spend our time pinning for Instagram, it seems a better use of our time would be to invite our friends and family to use a cross-platform network which actually supports our phones.
The free app can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.