The Indian Railways official Windows Mobile app UTSonMobile has seen an update to version 3.1.1.
The ticketing app allows the daily suburban train travelers of Chennai and Mumbai suburban area to book unreserved tickets of Indian Railways using their smartphone. The application includes the ability to book ticket, cancel ticket, maintain their profile, manage frequent travel routes , etc.
The latest update brings more paperless ticket routes, an offline more and more.
Version 3.1.1 brings:
- Paperless ticket has been enabled in Chennai and Mumbai suburban section and Delhi. Now it’s implemented in KOLKATA.
- With the feature of Paperless Journey, Season and Platform Tickets are introduced.
- In addition to that, now ‘Change Handset’ feature is introduced which is used to Change passenger old handset to new one, and active Season Ticket will transferred from old handset to new one.
- Using ‘show ticket’ feature the ticket can be showed to the TTE(Travelling Ticket Examiner) or TC.
- Off-line mode is available to show the paperless ticket if Internet connection not available in the mobile.
See screen shots of the app below:
Find the updated app in the Windows Store here.