Back in 1999, Bill Gates wrote a book, Business @ the Speed of Thought. The book offered a bunch of predicitons, and surprisingly, Gates predicted some techologies that we’ve right now back in 1999:
- Automated price comparison services will be developed, allowing people to see prices across multiple websites, making it effortless to find the cheapest product for all industries
- People will carry around small devices that allow them to constantly stay in touch and do electronic business from wherever they are. They will be able to check the news, see flights they have booked, get information from financial markets, and do just about anything else on these device.
- Constant video feeds of your house will become common, informing you of when somebody visits while you are not home
- Private websites for your friends and family will be common, allowing you to chat and plan for events
- Devices will have smart advertising. They will know your purchasing trends, and will display advertisements that are tailored toward your preferences.
As you can see, Bill Gates predeicted some of the major technologies that we’ve today back in 1999. What do you think of this? Discuss in the comment section below!
Source: Markus Kirjonen