Cro-Mag Rally is a promising game ruined by poor game play. The developer has however stepped up and promised improvements, as we reported here.
The contrite developer, Citizen 12 Studios, has now detailed the coming improvements.
Version 1.1.0 brings:
- Lower camera for better overall car control
- Implement auto-accelerate. You no longer need to hold down F to keep going. (F is still displayed on screen though.)
- Tweak physics for cars on medium difficulty to make them a little less grippy (easier to drift through turns)
- Tweak control response curve to make it more "linear" (and thus more responsive at smaller angles off-center)
- Tweak dynamic range of the sensitivity setting. The least sensitive setting should require nearly 90 degree rotation of phone to achieve maximum turn. Most sensitive setting requires only about 30 degrees to achieve maximum turn.
- Lower maximum speed for all cars in certain tracks (the more curvy ones) in order to slow down the overall pace (and make them a little easier). Does not apply to Expert mode.
- Tweak the wall collision code to prevent certain instances of being able to go off map
â€œWe also investigated some bigger changes, like adding a non-accelerometer-based control option, and doing away with the Forward/Reverse control altogether, but those changes would have taken more time, and our #1 priority was to address the immediate problems ASAP.
The update should be available shortly.
In a similar vein Hydro Thunder Go will also see some improvements in its 1.3 update.
New in 1.3 is:
- Performance improvements: [Pixelbite] did some performance profiling with the newly released Mango tools and managed to improve the game performance between 10-20% depending on the device and the in-game situation.
- Minor bug fixes for the new OS releases, such as the music was not looping properly
The update is available now.