Today, HP revealed the new OMEN Obelisk, the latest addition to its desktop gaming family. As expected, it will be powered by the all-new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 Series of GPUs for ultimate gaming performance. With OMEN Obelisk, HP is targeting the do-it-yourself (DIY) crowd and it has been designed with customization as a central requirement, enabling gamers to upgrade to the latest updates whenever they want.
Top highlights of the OMEN Obelisk include:
- Upgrade and Optimize: A sleek and refined black chassis that adheres to microATX standards with a tool-less access to the interior, and tool-less removal of up to two 3.5” drives; full-length graphics card support; and room for an industry-standard ATX power supply. Enhance online gaming with OMEN Command Center Network Booster functions to set network task prioritization and utilize two simultaneous data streams. Then use OMEN Game Stream to harness the power of the OMEN Obelisk and play games on your big-screen TV via a supported device.
- World-Class Power and Storage: Stay immersed with astonishing visuals supplied by the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080, powered by the all-new NVIDIA Turing architecture to give you incredible new levels of gaming realism, speed and immersion. Choose up to 8th Generation Intel Core i+ CPUs with up to six cores or up to 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen CPUs with as many as eight cores to ensure the power needed to thoroughly enjoy the latest titles. A flexible variety of storage options include PCIe NVMe SSD, dual storage (SSD + HDD), triple storage (SSD + 2x HDD), single-HDD, or HDD+ Intel Optane memory for storage acceleration.
- HyperX Integration: Tried and true for years on end, HyperX has delivered RAM that gamers can trust for memory intensive titles, tasks and multitasking. Each OMEN Obelisk Desktop configuration will come with HyperX FURY DDR4-2666 memory up to 32 GB, featuring its signature asymmetrical FURY design along with a stylish low-profile heat spreader for enhanced thermal dissipation and a black finish to match the PC interior.
- Strategically Cooled: Extensive venting on the top, bottom, and sides takes advantage of thoughtfully placed components to generate optimal airflow, such as the bottom-mounted power supply and optional removable bottom dust filter. Cooling can be taken a step further by using reserved space at the top of the chassis for an additional aftermarket 120 mm fan or 120 mm liquid cooled radiator for those who want to maximize thermal performance.
- Customizable and Clean: Choose whatever color defines you with a programmable RGB front logo, and additional chassis RGB lighting on systems configured with an optional tempered glass side panel with a clear EMI protective coating. The optional tempered glass side panel offers a visual gateway to stunning internals, and meticulous cable routing and color consistency of internal components ensures a streamlined interior with uniform lighting. OMEN Command Center lets gamers customize up to two lighting zones and choose from five lighting modes.
OMEN Obelisk Desktop will be available in September starting at $879.99.