Today marked the first release in the new Xbox Insider Program and the first build is a big one. It introduces a ton of new changes to the user interface that you can find here, but just like with Windows Insider builds for PCs, big changes usually bring some bugs along with them.
Today’s build’s tag is rs2_xbox_rel_1703.170118-1900, and it became available earlier today. You can check out the list of currently known issues below, and might want to change your mind about joining the new Insider Program if they’re too detrimental to the way you use your Xbox One.
• Controllers & accessories When a steering wheel accessory is connected, the console interface may freeze and become unresponsive.
Workaround: Disconnect the steering wheel accessory, and hard reset the console (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
• Sign-in With profile sign-in settings set to “Lock it down”, you may be unable to sign-in again playing a game, then signing out.
Workaround: Hard reset the console (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
• VUDU VUDU may fail to launch or videos may fail to play due to a connecting to network error.
• Apps You may be unable to fully navigate in certain apps due to the lack of a cursor. The affected apps include, but are not limited to: Baconit, British Radio, American Radio, UrzaGatherer, and MSN Weather.
• EA Access If you have an EA Access subscription and own a large number of digital games or apps, you may have issues installing or playing EA Access content.
• Jump Guide Microsoft Edge webpages which are pinned in the Jump Guide fail to launch the webpage.
• Screen Dimming The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
• Settings – Ease of Access When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
• Settings – Display & sound The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.