Microsoft has released Windows 10 earlier today. The OS includes a handful of new improvements and features. Alongside new improvements and features, the OS also includes a bunch of shortcuts. Here are some just of the niftier ones:
- Winkey + Tab – Activates Task View
- Winkey + A – Activates Action Center
- Winkey + C – Activates Cortana with speech>
- Winkey + D – Shows desktop
- Winkey + E – Opens File Explorer
- Winkey + G – Activates the new Xbox Game car to let you record games or take screenshots.
- Winkey + H – Activates share feature in Windows 10 apps
- Winkey + I – Opens Windows 10 settings
- Winkey + K – Activates Connect feature to stream to wireless displays and audio devices
- Winkey + L – Locks a machine
- Winkey + P – Project a screen
- Winkey + R – Run a command
- Winkey + S – Activates Cortana
- Winkey + X – Opens power user features
- Winkey + Left / Right / Up / Down – Snaps apps to the side of a screen
- Winkey + Ctrl + D – Creates a new virtual desktop
- Winkey + Ctrl + F4 – Close virtual desktop
- Winkey + Ctrl + Left or Right – Switch between virtual desktops
- Winkey + Shift + Left or Right – Move apps from one monitor to another
- Winkey + 1 / 2 / 3… – Open programs that are pinned on the taskbar. The first app is number one.
As you can see, Windows 10 includes a bunch of cool shortcuts. My favorite shortcut on Windows 10 has to be Win+S which opens up Cortana/search and Win+Tab — which opens the task view. What’s your favorite? Discuss in the comment section below!
More Windows 10: