Handango, the world’s leading provider of multi-platform smartphone apps, announced its 2008 Handango Champion Award winners at the Handango Future Forum last Tuesday evening, September 9th, in San Francisco. The award recipients were chosen based on customer feedback, sales, product marketing as well as overall product quality and were given for Windows Mobile Professional (formerly Pocket PC), Windows Mobile Standard (formerly Smartphone), BlackBerry, Symbian, and Palm OS applications in the following categories: Best Evolution, Best Entertainment, Best Industry, and Best Life Management.
“Handango is in the fortunate position of working with more than 23,000 developers from around the world,” said Bill Stone, CEO of Handango. “Selecting these winners from our catalog of over 140,000 applications is not an easy task. We are at a watershed moment as more and more mainstream consumers are entering the smartphone marketplace and Handango is proud to recognize and extend our congratulations to the developers who are creating groundbreaking apps that appeal to this broader marketplace.”
At the awards ceremony, Handango also recognized five content providers with “Developer of the Year” and three with “Rookie Developer of the Year” awards for outstanding software development, committed customer care and innovation.
The winners of the 2008 Developer of the Year awards are:
* VidaOne, Inc. (for Windows Mobile Professional)
* Developer One, Inc. (for Windows Mobile Standard)
* Terratial Technologies (for BlackBerry)
* ZingMagic (for Symbian)
* Iambic, Inc. (for Palm)
The winners of the 2008 Rookie Developer of the Year awards are:
* Magmic Games (for Windows Mobile Professional)
* Capcom Interactive, Inc. (for Windows Mobile Standard)
* EA Mobile (for BlackBerry)
The 2008 Handango Champion Award winners are:
Windows Mobile Professional (formerly Pocket PC):
* Best Evolution: TouchBrower, Makayama Software
* Best Entertainment: Guitar Hero 3 Mobile, Magmic Games
* Best Industry: Spb Mobile Shell 2.1.1, Spb Software House
* Best Life Management: Agenda Fusion 8, Developer One, Inc.
Windows Mobile Standard (formerly Smartphone):
* Best Evolution: BPA Bowling, Concrete Software
* Best Entertainment: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, Capcom
* Best Industry: Fizz Traveller 3.0 Standard, Fizz Software Ltd.
* Best Life Management: eWallet Professional Edition, Illium Software
* Best Evolution: Caller ID, I D You, LLC
* Best Entertainment: The Sims 2, EA Mobile
* Best Industry: Garmin Mobile, Garmin International
* Best Life Management: SplashMoney, SlashData
* Best Evolution: Mobiscope, SHAPE Services
* Best Entertainment: Sky Force UIQ 3.0, Infinite Dreams
* Best Industry: WorldMate Professional Subscription for UIQ,
* Best Life Management: Voice on the Go
* Best Evolution/ Invention: Resco Explorer 2008, Resco.net
* Best Entertainment: Frogger, Konami
* Best Industry: RDM+ Remote Desktop, Shape Services
* Best Life Management: Ringo Pro, Electric Pocket
Handango is currently offering these winning applications at a 20% discount through October 15th when the code “CHAMPION” is entered in the coupon code field of the shopping cart on Handango.com.