Microsoft pulled the plug on the Windows Sets, which was supposed to bring tabbed-view to Windows apps, and hence it’s pretty much safe to say that tabbed-view is not coming anytime soon to Windows 10. But if tabbed-view is something that is useful to you, you can install the Groupy app from Stardock.
Groupy allows you to organize multiple apps into grouped tabs on your Windows desktop. You can drag and drop multiple apps together to group them into a tabbed interface for better usability — similar to what Windows Sets was meant to do.
Also, Stardock recently added Dark Mode support in a recent update. Besides Dark Mode support, taking the app to version 1.25, the new update also introduced many bug fixes. Long story short, the Groupy app is now a lot better than the previous versions.
- Drag and drop applications together to group them under a common tabbed interface
- Organize multiple applications and documents together for convenient access
- Group related tabs together for optimal workflow
- Manage tabs in quick and natural ways with the browser-like interface
- Add new tabs to existing groups quickly and easily
- Mouseover tabs to preview the window contents
- Copy files between Explorer tabs by hovering over the target tab
You can download the Groupy app from here.