Yesterday, we reported about the launch of the new GroupMe app on Windows 10 Mobile. With the latest update, Skype has overhauled the whole app, giving it a modern look, inspired by Windows 10. Today, the app received yet another update, which possibly brings some under the hood improvements and bug fixes.
Here are some features of GroupMe:
- Start Chatting: Add anyone to a group via their phone number or email address. If they are new to GroupMe, they can start chatting over SMS immediately.
- Integrated with Windows: View your groups right in the People app, and you can reply to messages fast with interactive notifications. Share photos and links with your groups from other apps.
- Control Notifications: You’re in charge! Choose when and what type of notifications you receive. Mute specific chats, or the entire app – you can even leave or end group chats.
- Say more than words: Go ahead – fall in love with our exclusive emoji.
- Leave texting behind: With direct messages, you can use all the features you love for group chat, but one-to-one. It’s like texting, but better.
- Chat wherever you are: Including from your computer at groupme.com
The GroupMe app for Windows 10 Mobile is really nice, and you should probably give it a try if you are on the Windows Insider program. For those wondering, the latest update for the app is version 220.127.116.11 and you can grab it from the Windows Store here.