Group Tiles is a Windows Phone 8 application that allows you to create custom stylist tiles that you can pin to your Start Screen as group headers to visually separate different groups on your Start Screen. This way you can organize your app tiles to groups and finding them will be much easier.
Information about Group Tiles can be found at http://mspoweruser.com/group-tiles-adds-group-labels-to-your-start-screen/.
Group Tiles has just been updated to version 1.1.0 that provides you even more tools to customize your tiles.
- Change the font size of the tiles.
- Change the text color, pattern color and icon color of the tiles.
- Provide a setting option to set what will happen when you tap the generated tiles. You can choose to open the edit page of that tile, or simply do not start the app.
With this Group Tiles 1.1.0, you can now better organize the tiles on your Start Screen.
- Group Tiles does not create a folder. Group Tiles just generates special tiles that look like a group header so you can visually separate different groups on your Start Screen.
- Group Tiles cannot support the “wide and short” tile, simply because Windows Phone does not support tiles at that size. Therefore when you create a wide tile, it will have the same height as other wide tiles.
Group Tiles can be downloaded at the Windows Phone Store here or using this QR code.