eBuddy is a cross-platform chat client similar to KIK and WhatsApp which supports iPhone, Android, Blackberry and now Windows Phone 7. The app was subject to a campaign in October to convince the company to develop for Windows Phone.
Mimovilwindows.com has now spotted a beta for the app in Marketplace, where it claims to offer the following features:
- Ability to add contacts by scanning the address book, Facebook contacts directly with the PIN or eBuddy
- Allows you to copy and delete entire conversations posts
- Push Notifications of received messages
- Only allows text chat
- Displays the contact’s online status
- Displays information about the delivery status of a message
- Phone Compatible with Windows 7.5 and higher Mango
- Languages ??available: English, Dutch and Russian
However to does not:
- Do not allow to send or receive images
- Do not display emoticons sent from other platforms
eBuddy have however said they are working to remedy any existing deficiencies in the application and the final version will be a much more complete and have corrected all the bugs currently present.
I am sure anyone with teenage daughters can not wait.
See more screen shots at Mimovilwindows.com here .
Thanks Alex for the tip.