As predicted yesterday, GPS Tuner has delivered a version of their Turn by Turn GPS Navigation app which competes heads-on with Navigonâ€™s own navigation software.
The app features Navteq maps which can be downloaded region by region, and does not require any internet connection at all for mapping and routing.
The full list of features include:
- Voice-Guided Turn by Turn Navigation with premium audio quality
- Full detailed Navteq maps
- More than 4 million Places (POIs) in Europe
- Automatic Map rotation according to your heading
- POI and address search
- Add POI-s or locations to Favorites
- Route calculation based on Time or Distance
- Supporting Portrait and Landscape mode
- Automatic re-routing if you miss a turn
- Speed dependent Volume control
- Driving and Walking directions
- US and Metric units are supported
- Itinerary (turn list for planned routes)
- Avoid Highway/Toll roads option
The app is a much more reasonable $28.99 for US and Canada Maps, and a version for Europe is coming soon also.
Unlike Navigon you can actually try before you buy. In Trial mode you can download only one country/region. The Trial Period will start after the first successful route plan and will continue for 24 hours.
Turn by Turn Navigation US and Can can be found in Marketplace here.