Yesterday Microsoft delivered their second 2 weekly Xbox Music app update.
The update brought the app to version 2.5.3884.0, and only promised bug fixes and general performance improvements.
In a post on the Xbox Music User Voice Site Microsoft revealed exactly whats new and what’s coming.
In version 2.5.3884.0 you will find:
- Audio scrubbing is now supported! Slide the track progress indicator in the Now Playing screen to advance to the spot you like.
- Smoother FFW and REW animations.
- UI fixes to improve visibility of content.
- Bug fixed where songs are incorrectly removed from playlists.
- Fixes for unexpected app exits.
Microsoft also promised the following future features and fixes:
- Continued focus on stability and performance improvements.
- Initial sync of local and cloud content happens in the background.
- Usability improvements in Now Playing screen.
- Support for greater than 100 songs in Now Playing queue.
- Faster loading of long lists.
- Swipe gesture to advance songs on Now Playing screen.
- Transparent Tile support.
- Live Tile support.
- Design and layout changes to get you to your content faster.
- Kid’s Corner support.
- General UX improvements.
The next update should be expected in the next 2 weeks.
The updated app can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.