Fujitsu has announced a new touchscreen ultrabook called LIFEBOOK UH90/L which it claims as the world’s thinnest Ultrabook. The main improvement comes with the display which features a touchscreen equipped wide-format IGZO 14-inch liquid crystal display, which reproduces images in an ultra-high 3200 x 1800 pixel display resolution. The LIFEBOOK UH90/L’s is powered by 4th-Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor.
- A 14-inch wide-format display fit into a standard 13-inch form factor
- The LIFEBOOK UH90/L’s advanced display panel utilizes IGZO technology to achieve an ultra-high display resolution of 3200 x 1800 pixels. With approximately 2.7 times the detail of Full HD combined with a pixel density of 262 ppi, users can enjoy ultra-high resolution digital photos that are given a vivid, real-life quality. This also allows text displayed on the screen to appear sharper and easier to read.
- The touch panel’s special surface processing, called Super Glide Coating, enables users to smoothly navigate through Windows 8’s touch panel operations.
- In addition to its “ultra-compressed, solid core” design resembling a single strong plank, the LIFEBOOK UH90/L is made extra tough to withstand weight of around 200 kg, as tested using a top-down pressure test. The rough treatment that could be sustained on a crowded train, for example, is no problem for the LIFEBOOK UH90/L.
- The use of omnidirectional design, or “Omnidesign,” makes the LIFEBOOK UH90/L aesthetically beautiful when examined at any angle, even from the bottom or from the back. The new Ultrabook™ also boasts enhanced levels of computing performance, with on-board features such as the latest 4th-Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor, as well as a 500GB hybrid HDD that enables quick startup for the OS as well as ample storage capacity for data.
It also includes a 1MP webcam, an SD card slot, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 + HS, an HDMI port. It comes with pre-installed with Windows 8 64-bit with Office Home and Business 2013. Availability from June 28, 2013 in Japan.