If you are travelling for New Years and have a Windows Phone you could do a lot worse than install the free RAC Traffic app for Windows Phone 7.
The app shows incidents, delays and roadworks for the whole of the UK, including Central London, England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland and allows one to check unplanned road incidents and delays at anytime, and view any problems textually, or displayed on a Bing map.
RAC Traffic also allows you to pin your routes to your Start Screen so that you can periodically be informed of any traffic incidents along your route.
The app features:
- Real-time traffic incidents
- Advanced warning of planned road works
- Create routes and be notified of incidents along your routes
- Pin routes to Start Screen as Live Tiles
- Call RAC Breakdown in case of emergency
- Store RAC Membership details
RAC Traffic is free and can be found in Marketplace here.
Thanks Dan for the tip.