Jason Langridge’s Weblog reports on two free utilities released by by Enterprise Mobile.
The first is theÂ Enterprise Mobile IP Utility for Windows Mobile Devices which allows you to troubleshoot IP connections using functions such as PING on both Pocket PCs and Smartphones.
The utility features:
- IP Configuration â€“ View and renew IP configuration for all network interfaces on the device
- Ping â€“ Simple ping to any destination host name or IP address
- Trace Route â€“ Trace route from the device to any destination host name or IP address
- Ping Sweep â€“ Ping a sequential range of IP addresses in a subnet
- Speed Test â€“ Check the current bandwidth speed of your device connection to the internet
- Logging â€“ All results of IP Configuration, ping and trace route operations are logged to a text file for collection or sharing
The second Cab Signing Utility is a desktop app used to sign CAB files are used for installing applications on Windows Mobile devices. When the installation and execution security policy is enabled on Windows Mobile devices, all CAB files must be signed prior to deployment onto a device. Microsoft provides a command line tool, cabsigntool.exe, to sign CAB files which requires the administrator to understand and configure a number of parameters making the process both time-consuming and cumbersome.
- A GUI interface for signing CAB files minimizes the chance of errors while expediting the process.
- Replace existing CAB file signatures with your own signature.
- Sign multiple CAB files at once.