Forusquare has now released a beta app in Windows Phone Store. The current Foursquare app in Windows Phone Store will be replaced by this new app in the future. The new Foursquare app learns what you like and leads you to places you’ll love. Instead of the old check-in based solution, the new Foursquare is all about searching and discovering great places, wherever you are in the world.
It will feature the following,
• Tell Foursquare your favorite things and it gets to know you. Every search is tailored to your tastes, your past ratings, and picks from friends and experts you trust.
• Your tastes can be very specific like “whiskey” or “salted caramel.” Or more general like “outdoor seating” or “used bookstores.”
• Leave tips to share your best discoveries. Pay it forward and earn expertise.
• Search for restaurants, coffee, nightlife, shops and more. See what’s nearby or plan ahead.
• When you arrive at a place, see insider tips: what’s good to order or something not to miss.
• Follow people and influencers whose tastes you trust, and their tips show first. Connect your Facebook and twitter accounts and see spots your friends have liked nearby.