Foundbite, a Windows Phone app that lets users discover new things and places today picked up a major update. The latest update for Foundbite introduces an overhauled map page, which will offer a better user experience. The update also brings features such as page caching, which means users will not have to reload pages every time they open the app — therefore getting a faster experience. The update brings some other new features, which you can see below:
- Redesigned map page: Pins now autoload, no more pesky triggering loading of them with a button. Clustering is greatly improved when you zoom in.
- Page caching: we now save pages so they don’t need to be reloaded every time. This means faster loading and better
performance throughout the whole app.
- Viewer Page: We’ve reworked the control that animates images in and out to make things look a lot snappier and added some fancy fade animations. Everyone loves a
fade animation, right?
- Forms: you can now move between boxes in forms nice and easily by pressing enter.
- Capture Process: the phone screen will no longer time out when you try to capture a foundbite.
- Completely redesigned capture process: you can now switch between photos and sound easily via a tab and we’ve added a tutorial for first time users!
- Saving foundbites: you can now save foundbites to upload later. You no longer have to be logged in and online to capture something! You can also edit the location of a foundbite before uploading.
- Redesigned the main page: now there’s a consistent number of tabs if you are logged in or out and we have moved notifications up to the top left of the screen!