Just like Samsung, Fossil Group today announced their next generation smartwatches. Unlike Samsung, Fossil’s smartwatches are powered by WearOS by Google. Fossil’s next generation smartwatches will come with improved battery life, new Snapdragon processor, voice calling support on iPhone, increased storage, swimproof speaker and more. Read about these improvements in detail below.
- Extended Battery Life: An exclusive app offers one-swipe access to four battery modes – Daily, Extended, Time-only and Custom. Extended battery mode unlocks multi-day usage by keeping on essential features such as notifications and heart rate on a single, one-hour charge
- Voice Calling: A newly-added speaker and a Fossil Group proprietary app launching later this Fall enables iPhone users to make and receive calls while tethered to their phones; all other users are immediately able to make and receive tethered voice calls from the nextgen smartwatches. With the launch of this app, Android users will be able to benefit from a more seamless transition between Bluetooth devices when taking calls
from their smartwatch
- Microphone and Swimproof Speaker: A swimproof speaker eliminates the need for an additional sound-dampening mesh barrier to keep out water; smartwatch users can get things done with help from Google Assistant and hear responses back, take phone calls, get audible alerts, play music and more
- Increased Storage: Tech enhancements double the storage space (to 8GB) and memory (to 1GB RAM), allowing users to download more apps and media while enhancing performance
- Experiences: Leveraging the enhanced storage, Fossil Group is auto-installing apps – such as Cardiogram, Spotify, Noonlight – to select nextgen smartwatches
- Processor: An updated processor features the latest Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 3100 platform
In addition to regular touchscreen smartwatches, Fossil Group is also planning to launch hybrid smartwatches this fall/holiday seasons. In total, Fossil will launch more than 100 new smartwatch styles across 10 brands this 2019 fall/holiday season.