Microsoft’s newest release, Forza Motorsport 7, failed to make the top spot on the UK charts after being beaten by last week’s release of FIFA 18. According to GFK Chart-Track (via MCVUK), Forza Motorsport 7 debuted at number 2, keeping the tradition alive as previous launches of Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3 also debuted in the second spot on the UK charts.
It’s important to note that GFK Chart-Track only tracks physical sales, so the number of players buying the game digitally will not have been counted. Last year’s release of Forza Horizon 3 sits at number 3 in part due to the popularity of the Xbox One S Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels hardware bundle. And of course Grand Theft Auto V is once again in the top 10 list, because it’s GTA. The top 10 games can be read below.
- FIFA 18 (EA)
- Forza Motorsport 7 (Microsoft) – NEW
- Forza Horizon 3 (Microsoft)
- Destiny 2 (Activision)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (Activision)
- The Lego Ninjago Movie Video game (Warner Bros) – NEW
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo)
- NBA 2K18 (Take-Two)
- Lego Worlds (Warner Bros)