Adam Dawes, who needs no introduction to the gaming development crowd, has released his first book on Windows Phone 7 gaming development.
The book will provide a complete guide through all of the stages required to develop your own games for the Windows Phone 7 platform using the C# programming language and Visual Studio 2010.
Windows Phone 7 Game Development is aimed at those with an existing background in programming and knowledge of one of the two main .NET programming languages (C# or VB). The book will guide the reader through the steps required to become proficient in Silverlight and XNA and programming games in general so no prior knowledge of programming for Windows Phone 7 is required.
The book also guides developers in getting their apps certified and listed on the Windows Phone 7 Marketplace.
The text covers:
- How to setup your development environment for Windows Phone 7 game programming
- Immerse yourself in the Silverlight and XNA technologies for mobile development, supported by Windows Phone 7.
- Techniques for building rich interactive games in 2D and 3D.
- How to create your own 3D models and graphics.
- Gain insight that will allow you to take full advantage of the Windows Phone 7’s gaming capabilities.
- How to distribute Windows Phone 7 games to your end users.
Read more on the book at Adamâ€™s site here.