Its been a long wait, but in what is a clear sign of traction in the region a Windows Phone 8 app for the First National Bank of South Africa has just popped up in the Windows Phone Store.
Besides the usual balance and statement service, the app also features several unique elements, including the ability to top up your mobile phone, pre-paid electricity, and send money to any South African mobile phone number.
The app, which was originally intended for WP7 but which was scrapped to develop a WP8 version, has the following features:
- View an Accounts Balance Sheet
- Make Payments (including once off payments)
- Transfer funds
- View detailed balances and transaction histories
- Add, edit, or delete recipients
- Open new accounts
- Send Money to any South African cellphone number
- Buy Prepaid Electricity, Airtime, and Data
- View Forex rates
The free app can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.
Via MyBroadband.co.za, thanks Patrick for the tip.