After several leaks, Fitbit today officially announced the Versa 2 smartwatch. Fitbit Versa 2 comes with improved design with rounded edges and a curved case. An anodized aluminum finish in a natural color palette gives a sophisticated look. Despite being lightweight in nature, it is durable and water resistant up to 50 meters. Versa 2 now comes with new processor for improved performance and the new AMOLED display offers great viewing experience. Versa 2 comes with 5+ days battery life, but there is also an optional always-on display mode, which boasts 2+ days battery life.
Versa 2 features a microphone enabling Amazon Alexa experience. There’s also a Spotify app that allows users to control their music and podcasts. Fitbit Pay app will be available on all Versa 2 models.
Versa 2 also comes with the following sleep related features.
- Sleep Score : Receive a nightly score in the Fitbit app for better insight into your sleep quality. Your score is based on heart rate (sleeping and resting), restlessness, time awake and Sleep Stages. For more insights and analysis behind your Sleep Score, upgrade to Fitbit Premium.
- Smart wake : Coming soon to all Fitbit smartwatches, smart wake uses machine learning to wake you during an optimal time of your sleep cycle while in light or REM sleep, based on a pre-selected 30-minute interval, so you wake up feeling more refreshed.
- Sleep Mode : Simultaneously disable your screen display and silence notifications for a night free of disturbances. Sleep Mode can also be used anytime you don’t want to be interrupted, like during a workout or in a meeting.
- Estimated Oxygen Variation Graph : Coming soon, this graph will provide users with an estimate of the variability of oxygen levels in their bloodstream. The data is derived from a combination of the red and infrared sensors on the back of your device. Being aware of short-term variations in the oxygen levels in your bloodstream may indicate variations in your breathing during sleep.
The following are the official accessories for Versa 2.
- Classic bands : Stain-resistant, comfortable, soft and waterproof, classic silicone bands are available in new colors, including black, petal, stone, midnight blue and olive.
- Sport-inspired : Designed for all types of workouts or a sportier look, the Versa family’s first sport bands are perforated for added breathability, available in navy, black, glacier, frost white and coral, in the same stain-resistant, comfortable silicone as the classic bands.
- Athleisure-centric : Woven bands made from recycled materials flaunt a reflective stripe and come in on-trend color combinations, like charcoal with an orange stripe, pink on pink stripe, and navy on navy stripe. 20
- Fashionable leather and suede : Premium Horween leather perforated bands in charcoal and moss suede add an elegance to any look, whether at the office or a night out.
- New designer collection featuring Kim Shui : Together with the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA), New Yorkdesigner Kim Shui created an original collection of modern friendship bracelets. Made of premium Horween suede, an interwoven braided bracelet in grey/mist and a double-wrap bracelet in merlot tell a story of community, connection and global inspiration.
- RECCO Rescue technology : RECCO’s renowned rescue reflector technology is integrated into a sporty and rugged woven navy band to make you more searchable by professional rescuers and is fastened securely with a velcro strap to stay on no matter how extreme the activity. Designed with RECCO’s proprietary reflector, which requires no charge and lasts a lifetime, outdoor enthusiasts have added safety and peace of mind when tackling their favorite activities.
Pricing and Availability:
You can pre-order Versa 2 today for $199.95 (USD) in black with a carbon case, petal with a copper rose aluminum case, and stone with a mist grey case; accessories range from $29.95-$99.95 (USD). Versa 2 Special Edition is available for $229.95 (USD) in navy and pink with a copper rose aluminum case and smoke with a mist grey case.
Versa 2 will be available worldwide from September 15, 2019. Two exclusive editions –emerald and bordeaux, both with a copper rose case – will also be available this fall, only on Fitbit.com and select retailers.