Microsoft has been expending some great support to Fitbit, bundling the exercise tracker with a number of Windows Phones.
It seems Fitbit is returning the favour, and have just once again updated their Windows Phone app.
Version 1.6 of the fitness-tracking app features numerous improvements, mainly focussed on their latest Surge band, which includes a heart rate sensor
- Surge Run – View maps of your GPS tracked activities.
- Friend Finder Improvements – Add friends from Facebook, email
- Reduce App Install Size – We’ve cut the size of our app almost in half!
- Custom Heart Rate Zones – You can now create custom Heart Rate zones for your Charge HR and Surge.
- Exercise Heart Rate – Heart Rate will now appear for your tracked exercises.
- Tooltips – New tooltips to help get you familiar with the app.
- Improved Setup Flows
- Miscellaneous Bug Fixes and Improvements
Unfortunately the device does not support notifications and alerts from Windows Phones yet, but Fitbit’s developers are hard at work trying to make it happen, and are promising it as a future update.
Download Fitbit for Windows Phone from the Windows Phone Store here.