The terribly poor Xbox Music app on Windows Phone 8.1 has been the main source of complaints for new Windows Phone 8.1 users, but it seems an update is coming soon to address these issues.
According to a post on Microsoft Answer the coming update, on the 22nd April, which will be the first of many, will offer::
- Numerous stability fixes, including many of the reported black screens
- Cortana integration is complete and now supports playing playlists by name
- UI polish to improve animations and transitions between UI views
- Improved messaging for encountered errors, such as unplayable content in collections
- Background initial sync of local and cloud content
There will then follow a bi-weekly release schedule which will address:
- Continued focus on Stability and Performance
- Live Tile integration
- Quickplay improvements, including “recent” lists
- Kids Corner Support
- UX improvements (Search result grouping, creating new Radio Stations, improved Network status messages, Blue UI language alignment, now playing improvements and more)
Do our readers think the proposed changes will be enough to fix the app, which appears to need a full redesign? Let us know below.