Facebook’s Marketplace feature is an easy way for users to sell products to each other. Facebook users can buy laptops, chairs, books and so much more from the Facebook app, with Facebook providing some form of security to punish and /or sanction bad actors.
The firm is now expanding this technology to include not only peer to peer transactions but also home-service contractors. This means that users can now get home-service contractors like cleaners or plumbers via Facebook’s marketplace with the same ease of use as regular Facebook transactions.
It will be partnering with firms like Handy, HomeAdvisor and Porch for this purpose.
Facebook pitches this as:
- Provide an all-in-one place to complete your next home project — from proposal to completion
- Offer hundreds of thousands of top-rated professionals across the US
- Simplify your decision by showing you professionals’ ratings, reviews, credentials and location
- Make it easy to get a quote: simply describe the project you need help with and send your request to multiple professionals at once
- Easily communicate in real-time with your service professional via Messenger
The new service is available in the United States and will continue rolling out over the coming week.