Here is a relatively interesting rumour. evLeaks is claiming the Nokia Sirius, their Windows RT tablet, is to retail under the Nokia Lumia 2520 name.
evLeaks has also recently claimed the tablet will be launched at the same time as the Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet.
The naming scheme will do two things – extend Nokia’s successful Lumia brand into tablets, for good or ill, and also tie together Nokia’s phablets and tablets as part of the same range, again an unusual decision, but also reflective of what Samsung has been doing with their Galaxy Note range, where the sizes range from 5 to 10 inches.
Nokia’s tablet will feature:
- Snapdragon 800 processor at 2.15 hz
- A 6.7-megapixel primary Carl Zeiss optics camera and a 2-megapixel front camera.
- A 10.1? 1080p screen, 5 point multi-touch with wide viewing angles.
- 32 GB Storage
- Detachable keyboard/stand which should be connected to the tablet to make it work just like Touch/Type covers for Surface.
- Battery in the keyboard for extra power.
- USB ports in the back
- Wireless N Cell compatible
- Micro HDMI & USB 3.0 port support
- AT&T/Verizon LTE support
The tablet is said to retail for $499 and be launched at the end of October.
Do our readers think this is a good marketing idea, and will it increase the acceptance of Windows RT tablets? Let us know below.