Destiny 2 isn’t the only game that saw a sharp decline in physical sales compared to its first entry. The Evil Within 2, Bethesda and Tango Gameworks’ newest survival horror, sold merely a fraction of what the original did in 2014, at least accounting for physical copies in the UK. The title debuted at number three on UK sales charts according to GFK Chart Track (via MVCUK).
It looks like FIFA 18, however, is still going strong as it retained the top spot for the third consecutive week. This means it held off the new release of Middle-earth: Shadow of War, which debuted at number two. Shadow of War’s physical sales only decreased 18% compared to its predecessor. Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 3, which were second and third respectively last week, dropped to fourth and fifth this time. Though it doesn’t appear on the top 10 list, Friday the 13th made the charts at number fifteen.
The top 10 UK games for the week ending October 14 are as follows:
- FIFA 18 (EA)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Warner Bros) – NEW
- The Evil Within 2 (Bethesda) – NEW
- Forza Motorsport 7 (Microsoft)
- Forza Horizon 3 (Microsoft)
- Destiny 2 (Activision)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (Activision)
- Lego Worlds (Warner Bros)
- The Lego Ninjago Movie Video game (Warner Bros)