Evernote has released a big update for their Windows 10 app on the Windows Store today. The new app offers a full-fledged experience to Windows 10 PCs, as it is using Microsoft’s Desktop App Converter. This allows developers to seamlessly update their apps, as well as the ability to use some of Windows 10’s newest features.
The Windows 10 store app has all the features you’ll find in the Win32 app. You can create notebooks, import notebooks, and there’s also a full-fledged editing experience in the app. In addition to this, the app also supports all the different pricing plans on Evernote — if you use Evernote Plus or Premium, you’ll still get all the extra features which you are paying for.
The update, which takes the app to version 6.11, brings a number of improvements including:
- Drag and drop functionality
- A new zoom feature to the image gallery.
- Support for over 100 new emoji’s
- Improvements to loading of notes.
There is also a number of bug fixes including:
- Fixed issue with clipped content which was not visible in notes.
- Moving note from a joined notebook was not listed after previous update. This issue has now been fixed and you will be able to find the list of notebook after moving from a joined notebook.
- Fixed issues with PDFs and Images which were not searchable as attachments.
- Fixed issue with Google drive links which could not be opened when enabled descriptive links.
Other less notable fixes include:
- An issue where words added to the dictionary aren’t remembered between app launches.
- An intermittent issue where new users can sometimes see no content after first launch.
- An issue where a new note is created in the default notebook when a stack is selected instead of the first notebook in the stack.
- An issue where rotating an image or annotating it results in the size of the image getting reset.
- Several work chat issues including one where a user is taken back to the “All Notes” view after a sync is performed.
The new version is of course also available for non-store users for download from Evernote’s site.
Evernote’s Windows 10 app is available for download from the link below:
[appbox windowsstore 9wzdncrfj3mb]