Dynamics 365 App for Outlook allows users to make use of data from Dynamics 365 in Outlook on the desktop, web, or phone. With this app, users can see a Dynamics 365 pane or window next to a selected Outlook email message or meeting which will display information from Dynamics 365 about the email recipients. Microsoft last week announced a major update for this app. The Dynamics 365 App for Outlook version 9.0 is now available to all Dynamics 365 (online) version 9.0 customer. Read about the new features included in this update below.
- The app now has the responsive user experience closer to Outlook by leveraging the components and design principles of Unified Interface. With this change, users can enjoy a consistent experience across browser, desktop, mobile and Outlook.
- Track an email or an appointment in Dynamics 365 App for Outlook and view the activity record right within Outlook.
- Create a new record in the app by using the quick create function.
- Pin and dock the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook in Outlook desktop and be more productive.
- Search Dynamics 365 to quickly get to your data.
- Drill down to view Dynamics 365 records within the app.
You can learn more about this update here.