We have written about a free solution to convert video to a version suitable for playing on your smartphone, but sometimes there are benefits to using for pay software.
In the case of DVD-to-PocketPC from Makayama, the main new feature is speed, with the software up to 4 times faster than before, allowing it to convert a full length video in 45 minutes.
Version 6.0 of the software adds the following features:
– Rip any DVD, including copy-protected movies
– Conversion of AVI, MPEG, and DivX source files
– Fit-to-Card option (auto-adjust quality to the size of the memorycard)
– Variable quality video slider, with 5 levels of user control
– Variable quality audio slider, up to stereo CD quality sound
– Convert chapters or whole movie
– Assign any drive as the temporary disk
– 400% faster on most PCs
– New, easier wizard style user interface
– Move video back and forth between memorycard and PC
The software now supports the new hi-res devices such as the HTC Touch Pro2, Sony Ericsson Xperia and Toshiba TG01. The software boasts a user-friendly interface which has helped it win 2 awards in the past.
DvD-toPocketPC costs $ 19.95 / 14.95 EUR incl. free upgrades and support, and is available to buy here.