We previously wrote about Duolingo teasing the launch of their app on November 19. Well, today is that day and the app is here.
From the store listing, Duolingo offers:
Learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, and English. Totally fun and 100% free.
• “Among apps for learning or practicing a language, you can’t beat Duolingo.” —PC Magazine. Awarded Editors’ Choice for Language Learning.
• “Far and away the best free language-learning app.” —The Wall Street Journal
• “We’ve also tried a few other methods such as book learning and Rosetta Stone, both of which bombed. That’s why I jumped at the chance to try Duolingo. And believe me, it’s addictive.” —FluentIn3Months.com
Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages.
• It’s free, for real. No fees, no ads, no gimmicks. A college-quality education without the price tag.
• It’s fun. Lose hearts for answering incorrectly, advance by completing bite-sized lessons, and track your progress with shiny achievements.
• It’s constantly improving. We bust out the lab coats regularly and measure how well you learn on Duolingo. Your learning experience only gets better over time.
If you want to learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, or English, the fast, fun, and free way, there’s no better choice than Duolingo
It’s a 2MB download and is compatible with 512 MB RAM devices. Download it here.