Experitest SeeTest now allows you to test your Windows Phone 8 applications running on real Windows Phone 8 devices. Microsoft developer blog listed the following benefits of using this tool. This has a Plugin to QTP, JUnit, Perl Python, C# that enables to run the tests from any of these testing frameworks.
- As far as I know the first testing tool in the world to offer full Windows Phone 8. It is important to note this support is not a brittle OCR based system but a full native implementation.
- Seamless integration into with the Microsoft development platform including Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager
- The same benefits SeeTest has always offered their customers –and areas that set them apart in this field:
- Support for real devices (the devices should be developer enabled) and emulators
- Devices need not be altered in any way(i.e. jailbroken)
- Recorder enables testers to simply and quickly create theirs tests
- Objects are identified by native ID or by web properties (in web/hybrid apps)
- Object Spy provides the ability to inspect the objects’ Native or Web properties
- Integration into the full application testing cycle inc. installing the application, launch it and uninstalling it
- View results inc. screenshots with UI elements are highlighted.