Nokia has recently announced a new global competition called ‘Nokia Create’ to develop apps for Nokia Lumia and Windows Phone 8 devices. There are 14 missions built around 8 categories for developers to compete. Each mission has a specific focus; from shorter Mini Missions, where you add Nokia’s APIs and new features to your existing Windows Phone apps, to Master Missions that challenge you to develop new apps. The grand prize has an impressive set of prizes, read it below.
The Grand Prize winner will get:
An expenses paid trip for 2 people to Mobile World Congress 2014, where the winning app will be showcased.
The full Nokia Lumia and Microsoft device kit:
– 1 x Nokia Lumia device of your choice
– 1 x Nokia Gear
– 1 x Windows tablet
– 1 x Xbox
Exposure and promotions:
– We will produce a video promoting your app and will publish it on our Nokia YouTube channel for millions of Lumia users to see.
– We will promote you on our social media channels.
– We will showcase your skills to other developers via promotions on our Nokia Developer channels.
– During 2014, your app will get 4 weeks of promotion on Windows Phone Store and AppSocial – the channels will be chosen by you.
– 10,000 EUR credit on PubCenter or similar for you to run a campaign to promote your app.
Find more details about it here.