Nokia today announced its Imaging SDK v1.1 with powerful editing features and more. The Nokia Imaging SDK and library are available free of charge and you can use the library for any apps published in Windows Store or Windows Phone Store.
The following features are included in the 1.1 release of the Nokia Imaging SDK:
- Partial JPEG decoding Using RAJPEG technology, access image data without decoding a whole JPEG image for blazingly fast previews, application of effects, rotation, and cropping of high resolution images.
- Compatible with Imaging SDK 1.0 The SDK update builds on the stable 1.0 release by maintaining API compatibility and enabling a seamless upgrade path for developers using the earlier version. The API is available from both managed (C# and VB) and native (C++) code, is really simple to use, and comes with a range of intuitive classes and methods.
- Windows 8.1 support Illustrating the potential of Windows platform convergence, the library is now available on Windows 8.1 (x86 and ARM) as a single codebase with no API breaks, making it possible for you to reuse a lot of your code when porting across Windows and Windows Phone.
- Over 50 filters, effects, and enhancements The library comes packed with effects, filters, and enhancements for you to use; from the simple, such as auto-enhance, frame, and brightness to those with advanced capabilities such as chromakay, adjusting RGB levels, hue, and saturation. The Nokia Imaging SDK 1.1 release also includes Interactive Foreground segmentation, Lens Blur (Bokeh) and single image HDR effect.
- Roll your own It is also possible to create entirely custom filters for your own unique effects.
- Crop, resize, rotate, and undo Cropping, rotating, and resizing is supported; you can crop and rotate in one step with the Reframing API. What’s more you can take advantage of the built-in unlimited undo functionality to encourage users try out different filters and combinations without fear of losing anything.
- Use the camera as a source Use the Camera Helper API for easier access to camera functionality.
- Even more powerful than before The latest release has been further enhanced with performance and memory optimizations, making it possible to create beautiful imaging experiences even on low spec devices.
- Compatibility Windows 8.1 (x86 and ARM binaries), Windows Phone 8.0.
Find more about it here.